Errant Deeds: Tall Tales in the Blackwood!
A downloadable game
Once, there were bold Errants who took up revolutionary arms in the beguiling wilds of a folklore forest. They braved duels, courted romance, and pursued their quarry in fields and noble courts alike. They sought power through high magic and fair bargain, suffered betrayals, took bloody revenge, reveled in victory, defied death, and told tales of high-flying adventure.
Errant Deeds: Tall Tales in the Blackwood is a Forged in the Dark roleplaying game of tall tales told by these Errants. We play to find out if our fellowship thrived amidst the tangled threats of meddling elves, a realm in peril, and the tension between each Errant’s calling and follies.
Our adventure already happened. We gather many years later in a roadside inn to recount (and embellish) the deeds that brought us together. One of us plays the Innkeeper, who knows more about our tales than they let on. The rest of us assume the role of one of four errant archetypes:
Blades are hardy warriors.
Hunters are crafty trackers and sharpshooters.
Jacks are agile and lucky tricksters.
Sages are wise and learned scholars.
The Blackwood tangled around our every step. Which of us lived, and which of us became voices from beyond the grave? Only the tale will tell.
- Streamlined and reflavored Forged in the Dark gameplay mechanics.
- Get into thrilling moments of folklore trouble with your friends and exaggerate yourselves back out of it.
- Includes a one shot adventure that can be used as a starting situation for an ongoing campaign.
- Content tools built into gameplay.
- Includes printable play aids for content tools and "vines," Errant Deed's equivalent of the Clocks mechanic.
- Full support for the faction level of play, including districts and claims.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Each copy of Errant Deeds you buy here on Itch.io helps someone else grab a free copy if their budget doesn't enable them to pay the listed price. If you're unable to budget for a copy of Errant Deeds priced as listed, please claim one of these free copies for the community.